Have you ever experienced having an idea float into your consciousness over and over in a short period of time from many different places and angels? Almost as if the idea is trying to get your conscious attention.
One of my great challenges in life has been maintaining a reasonable and healthful weight. Twice in my life I have released (not lost because I tend to find what I lose, like duh I found it again, over in the corner) more than 100 pounds. I am now embarking on that journey again.
Life/Spirit/God has been nudging me in the pesky way It does for a while and over the past few weeks, the pace has definitely quickened. This video below floated up in my face recently and as I watched it I laughed and cried. I know the story all too well. Now, I do not think I will be running anytime soon--the knees and hips of a 54 year old are not designed to run with the amount of weight that I am currently carrying which I am so not comfortable to post at this point.
Nudges and subtle pushes have come recently in a variety of ways:
- Really paying attention to the way I feel when I exert myself
- Watching a DVD of myself preaching, great sermon but who is that man?
- Intentionally standing naked in front of a full length mirror
- Trying to date someone recently (who pursued me) and having it bring up so many insecurities that I have never experienced before. I have been out of the dating scene for a few years, but there was a time, a long time, where fat or not I was a busy dating dude. Not now it seems.
- I am a spiritual teacher, a pastor. To teach is to demonstrate and it is time for me to demonstrate leadership over my self, in this area. I know that the outer world is a reflection of consciousness. To change my life, my body starts with changing my mind and I know how to do that.
- Desire to reduce or eliminate some of the medications I take for diabetes and my heart, hence part of My Heart's Journey
- I will turn 55 in November and I am so not ready to sit down and be an old man, there is more Life to experience and express.
- If Ben Davis (video dude) can do this, I can too! Thanks Ben for the push! Ben has also inspired me with his blog about his journey: http://bendoeslife.tumblr.com/