- The strong sense of Intuition that guides me, especially today when I had so much to get done and no idea how to make it all work.
- Seeing this beautifully lit up house on my way home tonight. What a peace filled scene.
- Sharing a Raspberry pocket pie and a cup of coffee with my brother Matt in the midst of his shopping excursion.
- Finally figuring out that BOGO means by one get one.
- Finding a great BOGO deal on men's cologne so that Matt and I each got a great price on our signature smells.
- Finding no crowds at Great Lake Crossing today.
- The easy relationship I enjoy with my sister-in-law, Stephanie.
- Having a few still, quiet moments at the end of a busy day to give thanks for all I am.
- The expanding interconnection I feel with Life in all of Its manifestations.
- An incredible wedding planning with Tina & Todd and the wonderful way that Love has brought them together.
Spiritual Explorer, Mystic, Healer, Lover of Life, Brother, Uncle, Friend, Dog Dad PGP: he/him/his
Friday, November 30, 2012
Giving Thanks - Day Nine
Thursday, November 29, 2012
Giving thanks - Day 8 - The journey continues ...
- An unanticipated connection to the home care agency-- the intake scheduler attends the church and knew my voice on the telephone.
- Not needing to go to the hospital this morning.
- Buying toilet paper 36 rolls at a time which helps me avoid running out unexpectedly.
- Christmas lights burning brightly at night which seem to transport me to an earlier time when things seemed much simpler.
- The way the universe provides simple directions when I notice. Today, I know it is time to do laundry because I have no clean underwear or socks.
- The many different kinds of birds that live in the huge pine tree outside my (home) office window. They remind me that all things are in perfect order for they neither spin nor sew yet they have all that is needed.
- The lessons of patience that come from waiting. Waiting for test results, doctors to call, prescriptions to be filled, nurses to schedule the appointment.
- The time to write or even think about this blog because of waiting ...
- Getting paid to do what I love doing and for direct deposit of my check
- Being able to pay my bills.
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
Giving Thanks - Day 7 -
My heart is grateful for:
- Memories of my Grandma Ledger.
- Being able to take mom home from her hospital stay today.
- A very kind young nurse named Heather.
- Ice on the pond this morning which created a beautiful winter scene with ducks and geese sitting on the ice early in the morning.
- A furnace that works (have I already shared this?)
- A coffee pot with a timer
- Cool cousins
- New toilet at moms.
- A glorious full moon!
- A pharmacist named Abe.
Tuesday, November 27, 2012
Giving Thanks - Day 6
|Resting is important.|
- An awesome Deepak Chopra lecture and book signing event tonight. It was a powerful and awesome energy to have so many people in our spiritual "house."
- Receiving a call back from mom's kidney doctor and the opportunity to expand understanding of the medical issues ahead.
- Getting the news that mom will be discharged in the morning.
- Teeth which allow me to chew food, speak clearly and have the confidence to smile broadly.
- A beautiful new purple argyle sweater and purple shirt, a belated birthday gift to myself.
- The near perfect functioning of our Gnosis system in managing a very large 1500+ tickets sold event.
- My sister Dion who has cared for Mike every day during mom's hospitalization.
- Having a washer and dryer in the house.
- The many people who share hugs with me.
- Zuma Blitz to play when I just want to veg.
Monday, November 26, 2012
Giving Thanks - Day 5
This day, I am grateful for:
- Finding mom sitting up in a chair, looking rested and overall in better shape than she has been in for several days when I arrived at this hospital this morning.
- Flexibility to work from hospital room today in order to talk to doctors. Thanks to ASUS tablet and WIFI.
- Chef John sending the almost complete draft of menu for our upcoming shelter week.
- Looking up from my blogging and catching mom snoring away. I never thought of snoring as music before, such a sweet sound.
- Discovering that this latest episode with mom's health was elated to medication and not renal failure.
- Finding my way through the dizzying array of ladies undergarments and buying the briefs that mom wanted. So many unfamiliar choices.
- The subtle feeling of relief that mom is really on the mend.
- Having some quiet time at home alone this evening.
- The anticipation of tonight's special Holiday episode of Extreme Makeover Home Edition.
- Daydreaming about how I will spend/share/use the Powerball jackpot.
Sunday, November 25, 2012
Giving Thanks - Day 4 - A gratitude journaling journey.
|1st Sticking Snowfall of 2012-2013|
- A dual alarm clock set with thirty minutes between wake-ups. Love the extra snooze after the first wake-up.
- The warm bed I sleep in cradled by a comfy memory foam mattress purchased earlier this year.
- The quiet hush of the first "sticking-on-the-ground" snowfall of the season painting a new view on my familiar backyard scene.
- The almost over whelming love and prayer support for my mom.
- The people of St. Louis Catholic Church in Mt. Clemens who are the hosts for the first week of the the 2012-2013 MCWC Rotating Shelter Week Season. (Our first week of being hosts begins on 12/30)
- Hot coffee from my kitchen in my cup.
- A hot shower.
- Clean clothes to wear to work.
- A job that I enjoy so much it is seldom like work at all.
- A car to drive to work.
Saturday, November 24, 2012
Giving Thanks - Day 3
- The incredible nurses and doctors at St. Joesph Mercy Hospital - Oakland who cared for my mom when I took her back to ER last night with a very low pulse rate.
- Not receiving a phone call from the CCU at the hospital during the night. (When I left we had no idea where or how things were headed.)
- Moms heart rate in a normal range after her medications have worn off.
- Being able to spend some time with my brother Matt today and get his shopping done.
- Not needing to purchase anything at the grocery store today.
- Matt buying me a belated birthday lunch.
- Knowing when it was time to go home and let mom be cared for by the nurses, getting my emotions out of the way.
- Coming home and discovering that my roommate made dinner.
- Sharing a bunch of leftover dinner rolls from Thanksgiving with a local mission.
- The warm purple glow of the night table lamp next to my bed.
Friday, November 23, 2012
Giving Thanks - Day 2 - The Day after Thanksgiving Day
- Kristen Diffendale and James Keane, the couple in the picture, who are getting married tonight with a focus on giving the gift of their celebration to the Breezy Point neighborhood where they life. Read their incredible story of Love Among the Ruins.
- Friends Maryann, John and Randy, -- among others -- who lovingly punked me yesterday by summoning me to lead a prayer during our Thanksgiving Dinner at church, only to surprise me with a Birthday cake and singing Happy Birthday. Oh, and we did have a prayer. Then Rev. Jim Lee and Mitzi our Board president, had the entire assemblage sing to me again. I am learning to receive, thanks Love!
- The many expressions of love shared in cards, emails, texts, in box and Facebook posts yesterday. I am amazingly blessed by the love and friendship of so many incredible and interesting people.
- The stick it through to the "end of the dishes" people like Carole and Linda who went out the door the same time I did last night.
- This quiet, windy November morning to reflect on a wonderful day yesterday and to ponder our theme for this holiday season, "Find Your Way."
- Being able to take a bunch of left over dinner rolls and salad to the local mission this morning.
- The appearance last year of a chef right before our Thanksgiving Dinner, who, along with his partner, have become such wonderful friends. This year, for the first time in more ten years, I never had an apron on. As much as I love to cook, this freedom allowed me to be pastor for our congregation. So cool!
- Being trustworthy so that others are comfortable to pour out their hearts and release long held burdens while being personally grounded enough to not take on their pain.
- Having reestablished the habit of making my bed everyday by doing it, no matter what, for more than 90 days in a row.
- Feeling absolutely no need to go out and buy any on sale stuff today to make me happy, forget, feel better or superior. All I need now, I have now.
Thursday, November 22, 2012
Giving Thanks - Day 1
Today is Thanksgiving Day and my fifty-seventh birthday. A year ago this month my friend and teacher, Martha Creek, asked the question in the picture to the right and challenged our church to adopt the spiritual practice of keeping a gratitude journal for at least 21 days . The assignment was to write down at least 10 things each day that we were grateful for without repeating any item.
I followed the assignment and kept such a journal for many weeks and then stopped in January of this year. No clue why I stopped however, I am guided to begin this practice again. I know that I always find what I look for and I am looking for joy, peace & bliss!
- I am thankful that 57 years ago today, my mother gave birth to this body that I use as an Earth Suit.
- I am grateful for the 38th annual Community Thanksgiving Dinner at Renaissance Unity. It is my joy to lead this effort for the past several years.
- I am grateful for Rev. Karen Boland who started the dinner after noticing how many others were eating dinner in a restaurant alone.
- I am grateful for my mom's release from the hospital Yesterday after a week of testing, prodding and more tests.
- I am grateful that after many years in manufacturing, Spirit guided me toward full time ministry which is hardly work at all.
- I am grateful for a warm house to wake up in this morning.
- I am grateful for the Michigan Thanksgiving Parade.
- I am grateful for my incredible family, just as we are.
- I am grateful for Martha Creek, who shares so much with so many.
- I give thanks for the Loving Spirit that is my Life and for this awesome journey of awakening and expanding awareness.
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)