Thursday, November 29, 2012

Giving thanks - Day 8 - The journey continues ...

Today, I am grateful for:

  1. An unanticipated connection to the home care agency-- the intake scheduler attends the church and knew my voice on the telephone.
  2. Not needing to go to the hospital this morning.
  3. Buying toilet paper 36 rolls at a time which helps me avoid running out unexpectedly.
  4. Christmas lights burning brightly at night which seem to transport me to an earlier time when things seemed much simpler.
  5. The way the universe provides simple directions when I notice. Today, I know it is time to do laundry because I have no clean underwear or socks.
  6. The many different kinds of birds that live in the huge pine tree outside my (home) office window. They remind me that all things are in perfect order for they neither spin nor sew yet they  have all that is needed.
  7. The lessons of patience that come from waiting. Waiting for test results, doctors to call, prescriptions to be filled, nurses to schedule the appointment.
  8. The time to write or even think about this blog because of waiting ...
  9. Getting paid to do what I love doing and for direct deposit of my check
  10. Being able to pay my bills.

No comments: