Monday, November 26, 2012

Giving Thanks - Day 5

This day, I am grateful for:

  1. Finding mom sitting up in a chair, looking rested and overall in better shape than she has been in for several days when I arrived at this hospital this morning.
  2. Flexibility to work from hospital room today in order to talk to doctors. Thanks to ASUS tablet and WIFI.
  3. Chef John sending the almost complete draft of menu for our upcoming shelter week.
  4. Looking up from my blogging and catching mom snoring away. I never thought of snoring as music before, such a sweet sound.
  5. Discovering that this latest episode with mom's health was elated to medication and not renal failure.
  6. Finding my way through the dizzying array of ladies undergarments and buying the briefs that mom wanted. So many unfamiliar choices.
  7. The subtle feeling of relief that mom is really on the mend.
  8. Having some quiet time at home alone this evening.
  9. The anticipation of tonight's special Holiday episode of Extreme Makeover Home Edition.
  10. Daydreaming about how I will spend/share/use the Powerball jackpot.

No comments: