Friday, June 03, 2005

"H" Day - One Year Later...

Happy Heart Day to Me!

One year ago this morning, I had just let the cat out and laid back down for those 15 minutes of quality "snoozed the alarm" sleep that seem like the best of the entire cycle. Then, an odd and funny feeling in my chest presented itself. Suddenly, I sat straight up in bed as I realized that I knew what was happening. I was pretty sure I was having a heart attack.

I took an aspirin and asked my roommate to drive me to the hospital. Five hours later, Dr. Dickey looked down at me at said, "Well, Ric--you have either just had or are currently having a heart attack."

I said, "What the #$^@ does that mean?"

In a moment I became aware that everything about life had changed. I have said it many times, "Having a heart attack is a highly underrated form of personal transformation."

Thank You God for a year without a cigarette! I am absolutely amazed and mystified.
Thank You for a new consciousness about:
  • Life
  • Love
  • Food
  • Surrender
  • Exercise
  • Priorities
  • Work
  • Money
  • More ...

Thank You for this journey into the heart of It--that we are travel each day!

I love You! And I love me too.

Amen

No comments: