Thursday, August 28, 2008

Historical Night: Barack Obama nominated for President

I just watched one of the most amazing political speeches I have ever heard.

What an awesome testimony to the real strength of America - tonight, a man of color was nominated as the Democratic Party candidate for President of The United States of America. I cried through the culmination of the most amazing political convention I have witnessed during my life time.

That a person of color is nominee from one of the two dominant parties is something I was not sure I would see in my life time. The fact that the close runner up to that man was a woman is equally awesome. And for the first time, I have heard the candidate for the highest office in our land talk about gay rights as civil rights during a major speech to the nation. We have all come a long way from the late '60's. Thank You God!



Copyright (c) 2008 by Richard L. Beattie. All rights are reserved.

No comments: