Wednesday, December 29, 2010

How do you measure a year?

As we come to the end of 2010, it is hard not to remark about how quickly it has passed. Indeed, how quickly this decade has gone by. 


525,600 minutes - How do we measure the passing of a year? Cups of coffee, miles driven, thoughts thought, money earned? 


For me personally:  funeral services officiated, counseling appointments, meetings attended, weddings performed, sermons preached? How about measuring the increase in Love on the planet? Or in how many people I have loved? How many people have I allowed to love me?  How many people are enjoying a real, dynamic, life changing experience of God? 


I love this song because it brings up such a strong emotional response from the very depths of my soul.

1 comment:

Lisa Lipscomb said...

I love your post and this song. A friend posted it on her FB page and I've been singing it to myself ever since. I may add my own spin to the idea and keep it rolling. It's enlightening and blesses the world... one minute at a time ;)