Thursday, January 27, 2005

Sweet Emotional Stuff ...

Today I attended my last staff meeting at Renaissance Unity. After the meeting, we had a celebration lunch which was coordinated by my friend Keith Messervy. Lasagna, salad and cakes. Did I say cakes! Oh my!

At the luncheon, Linda P. spoke about how I might think I'll be getting away from the early and late phone calls but that she still would call. She also spoke about the role that I played for her during the past few years. That part really touched me because I am clear that one of my primary "jobs" was to be and hold a certain space on the Executive Team.

This evening, we had a good Rainbow Unity meeting! I am so thankful for the group and all that it has meant to me for the past 5 years or so that we have been meeting.

The day was not as emotional as I thought it might be. Still, I am aware of the rawness of my feelings just beneath the surface. I wonder when it will come flooding out?

Dear God,
Thank You for the work I have be blessed to do at church for the past few years.
Thank You for the people who have touched me and opened their hearts to me.
Thank You for the skills I have honed and sharpened.
Thank You for the admin team!
They have been my right and left hand.
In Your name I bless Renaissance Unity.
So be it!
Amen

Copyright (c) 2005 by Richard L. Beattie - all rights are reserved.

No comments: