Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Called Into Love

I hear You, God.

And for the most part, I always have.
At times, I was not sure what it was I was hearing
or if I were merely mad and listening to my own thoughts.
Hearing You is sometimes like a gnawing in my gut
or a tapping on my feelings.
Hearing You can seem like catching the sound of the wind through trees.

Sometimes, I have intentionally ignored what I heard.
Busying myself with all manner of distractions and fluff.
Now, I focus on the hearing--on being in relationship with You.

You know me and You know my name--the very essence of me.
What shall we do today?
How would You have me show up in the world?
I know that You have called me into love.
Express Yourself in me now.
I love You!
Thank You very much.

(c) Copyright 2005 by Richard L. Beattie, all rights reserved

No comments: