|Rice and Mung Beans with friends!|
Eat Less Give Life!
In the incredible way that Divine Order manifests in my experience, It is so perfect that the final meal of rice & beans (in this experiment) was prepared by my friend Chef John and was shared with friends as we took a break from food prepping for our Homeless Shelter Week #4. We enjoyed a tasty lunch of mung beans, nicely spice and cooked into an porridge like consistency.
I have had many "ah ha" experiences this week, many opportunities to reflect and notice changes happening in my thinking and, I suspect, in my living as well.
- Once again, I have learned that plant based meals are tasty, satisfying and easy.
- Like most things, when I really pay attention to my patterns and thinking there are simple changes, small shifts, that I can make that have incredible and positive results.
- I spend more money that I am comfortable with on food, especially eating out. When I calculated what I did not spend of food this week, the number was startling. Spirit has nudged me with a place to put that money to use.
- Eating mindfully is a powerful spiritual practice.
- This has been a journey, taken with others, that I will never see or know. People all over the planet who eat sustenance meals such rice & beans, rice & noodles, potatoes, yarrow root and more.
- The experience has been deeply spiritual.
- Rice and beans are great for breakfast!
- I am being called by Love to simplify my routines, my practice my thinking and my life.
- I intend to incorporate more plant based meals into my weekly diet.
- I loved taking this journey in community
- More to follow ...
Thanks God for this powerful way to be aware.
Always in Love,