Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Halfway through a week of R&B (Rice & Beans)

This week long journey of eating rice and beans has allowed me to step back and observe my relationship with food. I have a heightened inner awareness of how much time, money and energy I focus on food. What to eat, where to eat, is it time to eat?

There is something very calming in the simplicity of rice and beans. Meals are quick with little fuss or mess and more satisfying than I had imagined. Not that I haven't wanted other things like a cheeseburger, pizza or ___. I noticed the smell of bacon and eggs wafting through the neighborhood as I took Porkchop out to do his business this morning.

I had some tortilla's so today I made rice and bean burritos. As I ate, images of the people all over the world who eat this way most every day filled my mind. Then images of the people who would eat this way if they could.

Thanks God! I am blessed by rice and beans.


Ric




#eatlessgivelife





No comments: