Thursday, March 24, 2016

Thoughts

Grateful for a long talk today with my dear friend and teacher Martha Creek. Helpful for me to remain open to the possibility in every moment of this experience of my mother's transition.

Grateful for a call from Jim Lee this afternoon. Jim has been my boss, colleague, mentor and friend over the years.

This afternoon my calendar notified me that my mother would be staying with me from tonight through Monday. Originally the plan was for mom to stay with me so that Dion and Jeremy could enjoy Easter weekend away. It is interesting to me how much can change in one week. Last Thursday, I took mom to see Dr. Barnes so mom could see if she had a cold.

When I got to my sister's house around 5:30 this afternoon my family had already gathered, I love their energy as I came into the house. When I went to see mom, I noticed that she seemed much farther away. She rallied a couple of times when I was with her one-on-one, but my sense is she is pulling away from this dimension. I know it is the right and perfect way of it. After saying a prayer of blessing for her journey, I said I love you. She opened her eyes for a moment and then seemed to drift away. Still present but smaller ...

No comments: