Saturday, November 26, 2016

Thanks As A Way of Living - Day 3



Thanks as a Way of Living - my gratitude practice till the end of the year (at least). A minimum, of five things each day that I am grateful for and why. Oh, and no repeats.
  1. I am grateful for Porkchop - my dog, because he reminds me everyday not to take anything too seriously.
  2. I am grateful to Deanna and Colene for selecting me as their wedding officiant. I have known these two for several years and am honored to facilitate their marriage after 23.95 years.
  3. I am grateful for my scalloped potato making skills. Growing up my favorite places to be was with either of my grandmothers in their respective kitchens. Tonight, I made cheesy scalloped potatoes with ham and was so aware of my grandmother Ledger as I sliced and chopped.
  4. I am grateful for retirement savings. After several; years without saving for retirement, I received my welcome package from the 403(b) plan for Unity Worldwide Ministries - woot!
  5. I am grateful to hear about the neighbor who stopped this morning to compliment our volunteers on the way the grounds look at Unity of Royal Oak. One of our goals is to be a good neighbor and it is gratifying to know that the neighbors appreciate the efforts  of our team.

Always in Love,
Ric

.




#LivingThanks





(c) 2016 by Richard L. Beattie, All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

Debra said...

I love you. Happy Day, Ric.