Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Thanks As A Way of Living - Day 6

Thanks as a Way of Living - my gratitude practice till the end of the year (at least). A minimum, of five things each day that I am grateful for and why without repeats.

  1. I am grateful that I am able to reflect on who I am and how I show up in the world. I am not always right or wrong. I am in process always. This ability allows me to correct course, to change, to choose and to choose again.
  2. I am grateful that I have learned that my feelings won't destroy me. I have gotten through difficult experiences and upsetting events.
  3. I am grateful for the tool of Inquiry known as The Work that found me one day during a ministers meeting in the form of a package from a publisher that contained a book titled "A Thousand Names For Joy" by Byron Katie . The Work is simple and deep and has helped me notice and rewrite the story of my life. A process that continues.
  4. I am grateful that I have learned that what other people think of me is what they think of me and has little, if anything, to do with who I am. The realization has been liberating from chasing after approval and love.
  5. I am grateful that I can imagine things differently than they appear. Over my life I have used the power of imagination to stretch, grow, become, heal and transform my experience of life.
  6. U am grateful I can change my mind. I am not stuck in a thought system or beliefs or a story. I am a unique point through which Life is expressing itself.

Always in Love,
Ric


#LivingThanks





(c) 2016 by Richard L. Beattie, All Rights Reserved


No comments: