Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thanks As A Way Of Living - Day 1 (Happy Thanksgiving)

Thanks as a Way of Living - my gratitude practice till the end of the year (at least). A minimum, of five things each day that I am grateful for and why. Oh, and no repeats.

  1. I am grateful for my mom, Deanna Beattie. Although she is gone from this physical dimension, she is with me in my thoughts, attitudes, feelings and in my family members. My mother taught through her example that happiness is not dependent on money. She gave of herself to us kids and to anyone who was around her. Taking people to pick up their Focus Hope food distribution was something she did for years. It was my birthday two days ago, and mom was so with me. Although she had little money she would always buy me a little gift even though I asked her not to for many years. The last few years they were dollar store gifts, but they each carried a mother's priceless love. Thanks for the love and for the raising.
  2. I am grateful for the music on the CD Celtic Christmas Vol 2 from Windham Hill.  I have had this CD for twenty years and it is one of the first I play each season. It evokes awesome memories of prior holidays seasons and helps stir up the Spirit of Christmas within me. I am listening as I write this blog entry
  3. I am grateful for the steaming cup of Good Earth Sweet & Spicy tea I am enjoying on this November day. I was introduced to Sweet & Spicy tea this past April while vacationing in Big Sur, California with friends Martha Creek and Diane Czerwonka. The three of us went to a spa which was my first time at a spa. What a wonderful, liberating day. Martha and Diane helped me move beyond my story about why I never experienced a spa day.
  4. I am grateful for the opportunity yesterday afternoon to deliver the gift of Thanksgiving Dinner to two families that are part of our spiritual community. In ways that I could not have imagined, the gift from Unity of Royal Oak was a blessings to these two families and beyond them. Our overall Thanksgiving Dinner program reached thirteen families this year which has made this pastor very happy.
  5. I am grateful that two days ago, on Nov 22, I celebrated 61 years of living. There was a time when I was not so sure I'd make it past 40. My thinking about love and life had gotten very twisted and I had lost myself down the rabbit hole of addiction to cocaine. I am grateful that Spirit found a way for my long abandoned hopes and dreams to come into demonstration beyond my wildest hopes.
Always in Love,
Ric

#LivingThanks





(c) 2016 by Richard L. Beattie, All Rights Reserved

No comments: