Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Thanks As A Way of Living - Day 7

I Am Leaf Mowing Man
Thanks as a Way of Living - my gratitude practice till the end of the year (at least). A minimum, of five things each day that I am grateful for and why without repeats.


  1. I am grateful to get home in time to spend an hour and a ha;f mowing leaves before it got dark. This may be the last leaf mowing day before snow hits.
  2. I am grateful there there were enough leftover scalloped potatoes for supper. Scalloped potatoes are comfort food that reminds me of Grandma Ledger.
  3. I am grateful for the young lady who walked into Unity of Royal Oak today and asked, "What is this place?" As I shared my 3 minutes elevator speech and gave her some information about our Spiritual Community, she smiled and said she was very interested and would be back to check us out.
  4. I am grateful that I did not get married out of high school like so many gay men of my generation did in order to do what was expected. I was engaged and was headed down the path of hiding our in a marriage. Fortunately, I knew who I was and that things would not be fair the the woman I was engaged to marry.
  5. I am grateful for the play "Fun Home" that a group of us saw tonight. So many memories were stireed up, so many reminders of the way things were in the not too distant past. Thinking of Rich among others.

Always in Love,
Ric


#LivingThanks





(c) 2016 by Richard L. Beattie, All Rights Reserved

No comments: