Thursday, December 01, 2016

Thanks As A Way of Living - Day 8

  1. I am grateful for my sister's willingness to drive to my house on a cold rainy night to let Porkchop out to do his business. A late afternoon appointment in Clarkston took much longer than I originally planned and I was scheduled to lead a group discussion at Unity of Royal Oak at 7. Should I go back to URO and start the group ontime or stop at home and let Porkchop out after more than 8 hours without a potty break? Fortunately my sister was willing to let him out, play with feed and generally love on him. 
  2.  I am grateful fort the Thursday Night Thrive circle tonight. Safe, supportive and sacred--for all of us.
  3. I am grateful for Sandy Hess and her insights and support. It is good to have someone to talk through the tough feelings with and to have the perspective of another person.
  4. I am grateful that the time of an automatic death sentence from AIDS has stopped (at least here in the US.) On this World Aids Day, I remember the way too many personal friends that died from the mid 1980's until Doug's death in 1997. So much grief for so long I could hardly cry. 
  5. I am grateful that there are alternatives to driving on the expressway. The past few years I have noticed that driving on the freeway at night when it is raining or snowing can bring on a bit of anxiety especially in unfamiliar or dark areas. So, I get off and drive the surface roads. It is good to have options.

Always in Love,
Ric


#LivingThanks
Thanks as a Way of Living - my gratitude practice till the end of the year (at least). A minimum, of five things each day that I am grateful for and why without repeats.




(c) 2016 by Richard L. Beattie, All Rights Reserved




No comments: