Sunday, December 04, 2016

Thanks As A Way Of Living - Day 11

Grandma and me in Ventura, CA around 1986

  1. I am grateful for my maternal grandma, Esther Ledger. Today would have been her 105th birthday. She had a huge influence on me both genetically and in terms of my personality. She was smart, quirky, stubborn, a terrific cook and story teller, loving, curious and you always knew there was a little more to the story than she was telling. Thanks Grandma!
  2. I am grateful for our creative director, Kim Lange, who knows how to suggest something that will stretch me in a way that I can hear. 
  3. I am grateful for the sense own ownership that continues to grow at Unity of Royal Oak. Today, Simon and Harvey creatively got the power to the lights on the railing out front, 
  4. I am grateful for the sense of centeredness that can emerge from a deep breath and a moment of prayer. This morning, I was feeling upside down with having crammed too many tasks into too short a time just before service. We finally found a moment to pray and in that moment I shifted.
  5. I am grateful for this amazing song, The Heart of Christmas by Matthew West. This morning Julie Noe delivered this big time. Selfless love is heart of Christmas. Thanks Julie!




Always in Love,
Ric




#LivingThanks
Thanks as a Way of Living - my gratitude practice till the end of the year (at least). A minimum, of five things each day that I am grateful for and why without repeats.




(c) 2016 by Richard L. Beattie, All Rights Reserved

No comments: