Friday, December 16, 2016

Thanks As A Way Of Living - Day 23


  1. I am grateful for this electric snow thrower that arrived as promised yesterday. My cardiologist and primary care physician tell me I must not shovel snow. Now I can be fully compliant.
  2. I am grateful that I assembled the snow thrower and charged its battery in advance. Sometimes I procrastinate until the last possible moment, not this time.
  3. I am grateful for time to think. I am a lucky man and pastor so time to ponder, wander, reflect and contemplate are essential and allowed for me. No more, "Richard - stop day dreaming."
  4. I'm grateful that my cousin Jolene and my sister stopped by for a minute. The connection with family has grown more important for me as my generation of our family finds itself to be the elders.
  5. I am grateful that I persisted with the clerk at Kmart who told me that if I hadn't received an email or a text then the item I had ordered for in store pickup wasn't ready. I told her that their system had told me the item would be available the prior day. She seemed doubtful but physically went to check and there was my sweater. Saved a trip back to Lake Orion.

Always in Love,
Ric




#LivingThanks
Thanks as a Way of Living - my gratitude practice till the end of the year (at least). A minimum, of five things each day that I am grateful for and why without repeats.




(c) 2016 by Richard L. Beattie, All Rights Reserved

No comments: