Sunday, November 22, 2015

Gratitude Days of 2015, Day # 15

An Awesome Year to Be Born
2015 Thanksgiving Gratitude Practice, Day 15 - Post ten things (at least) each day w/o duplicating.

  1. I am grateful for the opportunity to celebrate 60 years of life adventure and spiritual journey today. 
  2. I am grateful that God never let me go although I had tried to run so many times.
  3. I am grateful that my spiritual journey has led me to where I am today, often in spite of me, and in ways that have startled me.
  4. I am grateful for being born under the sign of Scorpio and on the cusp of Sagittarius.
  5. I am grateful to a young girl by the name of Deanna who carried me and then labored to bring me into the world in the early hours, sixty years ago.
  6. I am grateful that my mother, in spite of many challenges,(divorce, financial challenges and housing insecurity among others) managed somehow to raise 4 children, who all graduated high school, stayed out of serious trouble and are all self-sufficient. 
  7. I am grateful for my dad and the many lessons he taught me about doing the right thing and not expecting someone else to take care of me.
  8. I am grateful for my grandparents, especially my grand mothers, and all of my ancestors.
  9. I am grateful for having grown up in Lake Orion, Michigan
  10. Grateful for the skills I learned working in my dad's company, that were such a powerful foundation to grow from.
  11. I am grateful for a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration at Unity of Royal Oak today that included celebrating my birthday.
  12. I am grateful that Dion and Ashley were able be a part of our celebration today.
  13. I am grateful for dear friends and volunteers who helped with a wonderful Thanksgiving feast.
  14. I am grateful that I am still learning how to be a better me.
  15. I am grateful for indoor plumbing and running water.
  16. I am grateful for joy that lives in me, filling my life and coloring my world.
  17. I am grateful, honored and humbled by the outpouring of love and birthday blessings from more than 400 people on Facebook.  

No comments: