Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Gratitude Days of 2015, Day # 17

40th Annual Thanksgiving Dinner at Renaissance Unity
November 28, 2013
2015 Thanksgiving Gratitude Practice, Day 17 - Post ten things (at least) each day w/o duplicating.

  1. I am grateful that Porkchop slept well after his oral surgery yesterday and is up, frisky and hungry.
  2. I am grateful for having flexibility with my work hours when needed.
  3. I am grateful I was able to figure out what was wrong with the vacuum.
  4. I am grateful that all of the printers are once again online and  shared.
  5. I am grateful that we now have WiFi throughout our Spiritual Center.
  6. I am grateful for my my first legitimate, I asked for it "senior discount" at Tim Horton's.
  7.  I am grateful for the opportunity to meet with the team who have stepped up to carry on Renaissance Unity's tradition of Thanksgiving Dinners.
  8. I am grateful for Rev. Karen Boland who was the start of those dinners. In 1972, she ate dinner alone in a restaurant (she was not yet married to Jack Boland) on Thanksgiving. She noticed the number of other people sitting around at tables by themselves, eating on the holiday and the idea for a dinner was born. She asked Jack if the following year the church , then Unity of the Infinite Presence, could have a dinner and he told her okay if she organized it. The first dinner was in 1973.
  9. I am grateful for the passing of this baton to a new team. 
  10. I am grateful for the understanding that every step in my life, every things I have learned and done, every experience has led me to this moment.

No comments: