Friday, November 25, 2011

Another day of Thanks Living

Today, I am grateful for:
  1. The lesson I learned from eggs while making an omelet this morning: I had two white shelled eggs left and added a brown shelled egg from the new dozen just purchased. Interesting thing about white eggs and brown eggs; they look different until you crack them open.
  2. The joy of delivering the surplus from our Thanksgiving Dinner yesterday to the kitchen at Grace Centers of Hope, the largest shelter here in Oakland County, Michigan.
  3. The rich smell wafting through the house from turkey soup stock simmering on the stove.
  4. Realizing that Christmas is one month away.
  5. The Memo from God which is included in the Og Mandino's classic book: The Greatest Miracle in the World
  6. 59° weather on November 25, 2011
  7. A wonderful walk on the Paint Creek trail and through Rochester Municipal Park.
  8. Yummy taste of Rutabaga's in my soup
  9. The smell of clean towels
  10. An card from a dear lady I met when I officiated her sisters memorial service letting me know that prayers had been answered for her son. She has asked me to pray for her 48 y/o son who had been recently diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. His most recent PET scan shows the cancer has been shrinking and they now label it stage 1. Alleluia!



Copyright (c) 2011 by Richard L. Beattie, all rights are reserved

No comments: