Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Gratitude list for 11/08/11

This day, I am grateful for:
  1. My mom! I am not sure she knows how much she means to me at times.
  2. The lone tree with bright red leaves left intact at the edge of the church yard. It seems to stand alone as a silent sentinel.
  3. The non-stop stream of ideas that flowed forth in our marketing team meeting today.
  4. This autumn mornings mist.
  5. Receiving an invitation to a special first birthday party!
  6. The support that appears as helpful volunteers with amazing skills exactly when they are needed.
  7. The guy in the blue Ram pickup who opened a space for me to change lanes on the freeway this afternoon.
  8. My neighbor, Danny, who mowed/mulched the leaves in my yard.
  9. Crisply starched blue/yellow checkered shirt with button down collar - my favorite!
  10. My friend and coworker Denise whose nagging makes me nuts and makes my world work smoother.
‎Martha Creek delivered our Sunday Lesson on 11/6/11 and challenged us all with the question, "What would happen if you woke up this morning and all you had was what you thanked God for yesterday?" She then invited us to keep a gratitude journal of at least 10 things we were grateful for each day for at least the next 21 days (with no items repeated) as a spiritual practice of developing an attitude of gratitude.


Copyright (c) 2011 by Richard L. Beattie , all rights are reserved.

No comments: