Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Gratitude list for Wednesday, 11/9/11

Today, I am grateful for:
  1. The sweet smell of smoke from my neighbors wood stove wafting over the neighborhood this morning.
  2. A solitary white crane fishing in the reeds across the pond; framed by reflections of russet, gold and yellow leaves.
  3. Noticing how much easier it is getting to bend over and tie my shoes.
  4. A profound sense of the state of Grace within which I live and move.
  5. The awesome ability to change my thoughts & attitudes and therefore to change my world.
  6. Having many choices about what to eat for breakfast.
  7. Having close friends who love me and are willing to call me out on my stuff!
  8. The stillness of this quiet morning.
  9. An extra roll of bathroom tissue under the sink
  10. The "balance" lessons learned watching squirrels busily hiding nuts for winter and taking time to play.
  11. This friendly, supportive Universe I live in.
  12. The hot water heater being out, which has led me to a do-it-yourself website and videos on how to change a thermocouple.
  13. Hot Water, yeah!!!!!
Martha Creek delivered our Sunday Lesson on 11/6/11 and challenged us all with the question, "What would happen if you woke up this morning and all you had was what you thanked God for yesterday?" She then invited us to keep a gratitude journal of at least 10 things we were grateful for each day for at least the next 21 days (with no items repeated) as a spiritual practice of developing an attitude of gratitude.


Copyright (c) 2011 by Richard L. Beattie , all rights are reserved.

No comments: