Thursday, November 10, 2011

Great & Grateful - 11/10/11

Giving thanks from my grateful heart for:
  1. That my alarm clock keeps ringing until I awaken.
  2. The satisfaction (and clean nails) that come from washing the dishes.
  3. A fried egg sandwich with cheese on toast which reminds me of Grandma Ledger
  4. Getting a birthday card from the Youth Ministry folks even though I moved out of that department more than 2 years ago.
  5. Having an office at the church with windows.
  6. A text message from my brother Darrin asking if I was able to fix the water heater. (Yes, I did yesterday!)
  7. A hot shower when I want to take one.
  8. A warm home.
  9. A comfortable bed.
  10. Clean underwear everyday.
  11. The power to choose.
Martha Creek delivered our Sunday Lesson on November 6, 2011 and challenged us with the question, "What would happen if you woke up this morning and all you had was what you thanked God for yesterday?" She then invited us to keep a gratitude journal of at least 10 things we were grateful for each day for at least the next 21 days (with no items repeated) as a spiritual practice of developing an attitude of gratitude.


Copyright (c) 2011 by Richard L. Beattie , all rights are reserved.

No comments: