Saturday, November 19, 2011

Grateful on this Thirteenth Day


Today, I am deeply grateful for:
  1. You
  2. Going out for breakfast on Saturday morning.
  3. Taking a morning nap just because.
  4. The song "Firework" by Katy Perry.
  5. High speed internet access at home
  6. Being able to visit my Mom and tell/show her how much I love her.
  7. Having learned how to cook & bake from my mother and both grandmothers as I grew up.
  8. An ongoing love affair with Life that has served me so well for almost 40 years.
  9. Reading Rev. Troy Perry's book "The Lord is my Shepherd and He know's I'm Gay" back in the early 70's which allowed the small god of my childhood to shatter, revealing a larger reality.
  10. Giving up trying to get stuff because I know that I have everything I need.
  11. Going through my Grandmother Miller's recipes.
  12. Baking her Fresh Apple Cake






Copyright (c) 2011 by Richard L. Beattie, all rights reserved.

No comments: