Saturday, September 01, 2018

Grateful Me - Day 6

My gratitude journal - everyday for 30 days I find and post at least 10 things I am grateful for without repeating.
  1. I am grateful for the bench near these little rapids in Municipal Park in downtown Rochester. It is a favorite place to walk. Paint Creek runs through the park on its way to the Clinton River.
  2. I am grateful for this quiet Saturday at Unity of Royal Oak that allowed me to get all of my not talk related stuff done in advance of Sunday.
  3. I am grateful for the rain that absolutely soaked me through to my drawers getting from Costco to my car. I can't remember the last time I experienced a warm summer rain. Brought up many memories.
  4. I am grateful for my neighbor and friend Earl Harvey who made his transition into the next dimension this evening.
  5. I am grateful for Danny and Dave, Earl's sons who made love real for their dad and honored his wishes to be at home until the end.
  6. I am grateful for the hospice model programs that empower families to care for their loved ones at the end of life.
  7. I am grateful for the many people who respond with prayer when I post a request on Facebook. Together, we create a powerful field of energy for healing.
  8. I am grateful for the gift of pastoral skills that allow me to be very present with someone at death.
  9. I am grateful for the beginning of September and the promise of cooler, drier days ahead.
  10. I am grateful for deep heartfelt conversation  over dinner with my friend Dan last night.
I am grateful for you!

Ric

No comments: