Saturday, December 26, 2015

Gratitude Days of 2015, Day # 49

Preachin!
2015 Gratitude Practice, Day 49 - Post ten things (at least) each day w/o duplicating

  1. Grateful for receiving this photo via email this morning from Bonnie. I had neglected to ask folks to take pictures at service last night. 
  2. I am grateful for the times that Spirit has a specific assignment for me and persists until I get it. This morning, I woke up early for a day off and remembered that my friends dog had taken a turn for the worse over Christmas and was being taken to the vet so I called to offer support. No answer so I left a message and texted,
  3. Grateful that I got a clear, go now impulse. So I drove to the animal hospital and was able to support my friend who was saying goodbye to the dog.
  4. Grateful for Starbucks bold coffee and a few minutes to share and talk about the long journey with this pet and the ultimate clear sign that it was time to release him into the next dimension.
  5. Grateful for another nudge today to go work to work in my office for what was ultimately two good reasons.
  6. Reason 1. I am grateful to have been abler to meet with a friend who is questioning many things at this point including a long term relationship and the challenges of showing up in their own life in a larger way.
  7. Reason 2. I am grateful to have gotten the bulletins done for tomorrow's service. I had been procrastinating and had settled into getting the stuff ready to print at home and then going in early to on Sunday to print.
  8. I am grateful for the long conversation April and I had about service tomorrow and her sharing detailed plans for Youth & Family Ministry over the next four months.
  9. I am grateful for growing awareness that I am the leader of a team that looks different than I am accustomed to working with and yet is a team that gets the job done.
  10. I am grateful that I am getting better at asking for help and delegating items to the team that is here to help. There is still much work for me to do here and I am willing.

No comments: