Friday, December 06, 2019

Day 13 - I Give Thanks For ...

My current gratitude practice is to share at least 10 things for which I am grateful for each day without repetition.

Today, I give thanks for:
  1. A FB friend request from my newest neighbor.
  2. A phone call from a friend this morning that included an invitation to dinner and a coffee house concert tonight in Ann Arbor.
  3. A phone call from one of the organizers of a Sweat Lodge I'm attending this later this month and learning this particular Sweat Lodge has no nudity involved. 
  4. The Christmas "Giving Tree" in our lobby, where people share hats, gloves, mitten, and scarves for folks who need them and cannot purchase them.
  5. My Grand-Nephew pointing his finger at me this morning and then reaching out with two hands to be picked up which was a heart-melting moment. 
  6. A steaming hot cup of Rasberry Zinger tea is the perfect afternoon beverage.
  7. The decadent taste of 85% Cacoa dark chocolate. 
  8. The look of banded collar dress shirts on me.
  9. Dinner at Palm Palace in Ann Arbor. Delicious, simple food.
  10. Finally attending a Don White concert. It was so much fun. He sings, tells stories and shares.  jokes. He is also an author and unabashedly is still a hippie.
  11. Because I drove to Ann Arbor, Dianne drove us back home.
Don White

Blessings and this Holy Season!

Ric

No comments: