Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Day 32 (Christmas Day) I Give Thanks For ...

My current gratitude practice is to share at least 10 things for which I am grateful for each day without repetition.

Christmas Day Sunset
Today, I give thanks for:

  1. The energy and noise of an almost 14-month-old little boy in the house on Christmas Morning. It's no different for him than every other morning. But for me, it was an incredible gift.
  2. The silence in the house this morning after Ashley and Owen left to go do some Christmas stuff with other people. The transition from his youthful excited noise and absolute quiet has been a wonderful reminder for me of the very powerful gift of Silence. I could hear the quiet more clearly than I have in a long time. 
  3. I received a call late this morning from my sister letting me know that she and her husband and several other people who had attended a Pizza Making Party at her house Christmas Eve were all sick with food poisoning. I'm grateful for a plan to celebrate our family Christmas on Thursday the 26th at my brother's house in Lapeer.
  4. At first, I fussed with the sudden shift in plans. Over the next few hours, I realized that I was being gifted the vast majority the day it to reflect, rest, continue my own healing, listen to music, watch a documentary and some YouTube videos. In other words, Christmas Day this year was celebrate Ric day. An experience of expanding consciousness.
  5. An idea that showed up in my mind or perhaps was recalled from something I've read about Christmas not being any specific day or the end of a season.  Christmas is the beginning of a season and expanding Love and Light.
  6. Wearing a blue plaid flannel shirt and red plaid flannel sleep pants and not caring if the colors didn't match. 
  7.  Not going farther than my own door well except to unwrap Murphy from the oak tree in the backyard. At which point of got to meet some of my new neighbors to the north family and the kids wanted to pet Murphy which she was absolutely in favor of by the way. 
  8. Having lived in this neighborhood for 25 years gives me a perspective on having witnessed a couple of transitions in the neighborhood. We have a lot of younger people with families here no as earlier residents moved on and sole their homes. There was a time that gatherings of my family were some of the biggest on the street. This Christmas Day there are several large (by the number of vehicles) In our neighborhood and there are some of us that are just one or two people home. I just notice it like another chapter in a book. 
  9. Sending and receiving many Merry Christmas texts filled with joy and loving thoughts.
  10. The warm day, 50+ and sunny, reminded me of my first Christmas in California When I realized that it's not about the snow.  Don't get me wrong, I like the change of seasons here however if it's cold and snowy great and if it's warm and sunny great.
  11. Working in my home office which has west-facing windows in the afternoon and looking up to watch the sunset which was absolutely spectacular. What an amazing day in every day.
Merry Christmas to me!
Ric

No comments: