Sunday, December 22, 2019

Day 29 - I Give Thanks For ...

My current gratitude practice is to share at least 10 things for which I am grateful for each day without repetition.

Sunrise on the First Day of Winter 2019
Today, I give thanks for:
URO Music Makers & Mark Watson

  1. Dawn after the longest night of 2019.
  2. Knowing the days will slowly begin to get longer.
  3. The Unity of Royal Oak Music Makers were absolutely Fabulous this morning.
  4. Receiving many cards, an art heart & a candle, cookies for Own (my grandnephew, and a Costco cash card from dear friends.
  5. Our "Ugly Holiday" sweater day was a huge success. I think more than half wore a sweater. What a perfect fit with the 4th Sunday in Advent theme of Joy.
  6. The Hanukkah sweater in the congregation today. 
  7. As I write this sentence, the sun is setting in the west and I welcome the first night of Hanukkah.
  8. Listening to the music rehearsal for Christmas Eve.
  9. The opportunity for clarity about Christmas Eve Services.
  10. The gorgeous "New Thought" Christmas song that our Creative Director, Kim Lange, wrote for Christmas Eve.
  11. Since I became the Spiritual Leader at Unity of Royal Oak, we have been able to pay the bills when we receive them.
  12. 52° on the first day of winter was awesome.
  13. Karen giving me homemade cookies for Owen.
Happy Holy Days!
Ric

No comments: