Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Day 31 (Christmas Eve) I Give Thanks For ...

My current gratitude practice is to share at least 10 things for which I am grateful for each day without repetition.

Today, I give thanks for:

  1. Waking up at 5 am barely able to breathe and immediately working with the power of Lifeforce and denials and affirmations.
  2. Having a physician who I can contact early on a Christmas Eve morning with a big 911. I woke up sick! Bronchitis, which I've been dealing with for two weeks had taken a serious turn for the worst during the night. He called in prescriptions for prednisone and augmentin.
  3. Coming to terms with the distinct possibility that I may not be able to conduct our Christmas Eve Candlelight Services.
  4. The complete faith that our Team would do an outstanding job without me if needed.
  5. A glimmer of hope filling me a couple of hours after the initial dose of the medications, plus nasal spray and Cold-ease because I felt like I could breathe and the coughing and running nose subsided.
  6. Puffs plus tissues.
  7. As the symptoms continued to subside during the morning and early afternoon, I knew that I would nake it to conduct the services.
  8. Realizing this was my fifth Christmas at Unity of Royal Oak.
  9. Making it to rehearsal.
  10. The incredible performance of our Music Team.
  11. The beautiful New Thought friendly Christmas song our Creative Director, Kim Lange wrote for the service and performed with her sister Stacey
  12. The 70+ luminaries that The Britt bunch prepared and placed lining our walkways and surrounding the property.
  13. Kim and everyone else, helping me to get through the service. (I was not at my best)
  14. Mr. Kabobs giving the church a discount oh the meal we had ordered.
  15. Mary Wackrow's poem, "Pick Your Part."
  16. April & Gracie sharing "The Gift of a Letter."
  17. CJ sharing "A Fillmore Christmas" written by Charles Fillmore in 1919
  18. Rev. Carolyn's beautiful sharing of Christmas Is An Inner Journey
  19. Seeing a whole bunch of people I haven't seen in a while.
  20. The Light shining through my own foggy morning and through each element of the two services. The concepts of Light and God With Us emerging so clear and strong.
  21. Nick helping me to get myself packed up and into the care to go home. He could tell I was rapidly running out of steam.
  22. Driving home with a big awareness of my mom riding home with me.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

Ric

No comments: