Monday, December 09, 2019

Day 16 - I Give Thanks For ...

My current gratitude practice is to share at least 10 things for which I am grateful for each day without repetition.

Today, I give thanks for:

  1. Genisys, the credit union I have been a member of for almost 30 years.
  2. A mutual friend informing me that Michele was in the hospital and going to have surgery.
  3. A 2 for 1 day at Beaumont today, visited/prayed with Michele prior to surgery and a lovely visit with Steve that had been planned the night before.
  4. Walking down the hall at Beaumont between pastoral visits and meeting up with Jim Fortune who is a new volunteer patient transporter. He inspires me!
  5. Paying down debt earlier than anticipated. Yeah!
  6. Getting the termination letter for Planet Fitness mailed. I need more assistance than they can provide to help me get started.
  7. This powerful quote from Oprah Winfrey, "Everything Is Always Working Out For Me!"
  8. The "coincidence" of stopping by the church on my day off to use the potty and noticing I had a phone message alerting me to Kim F's declining condition.
  9. The privilege of visiting with Kim F and sharing some thoughts with her about death and dying.
  10. Sharing with Michelle, Kim's daughter
  11. The spiritual gift of pastoral care which flows from a deep place within me.
  12. The salad bar at The Mackinac room at Wm. Beaumont Hospital.
  13. The people like you, who find and read this blog. I hope that you are working with some kind of gratitude practice to establish a deep conscious of gratitude as a way of living. 

I am in Love with Life,
Ric

No comments: