Thursday, December 19, 2019

Day 26 - I Give Thanks For ...

My current gratitude practice is to share at least 10 things for which I am grateful for each day without repetition.

Today, I give thanks for:

  1. Getting up in time to be on time to meet David & Novlett at the surgery center.
  2. Several times that staff at Beaumont Medical Center West Bloomfield demonstrated by asking if they could help when I was looking around for signage for the surgery center and pointed the way It was a consistent action by 4 people I met which demonstrated that there was a culture of helping.
  3. Having prayer with Novlett and David before her surgery.
  4. The relaxed and easy way of the surgical team.
  5. Having an hour and a half talk with David. It's the second time in a week and I am enjoying the growing friendship.
  6. News from the surgeon that everything went well.
  7. Any easy stress-free drive south on I75 to Detroit for dinner with a friend. The freeway has been under construction all year from  M59 to 12 Mile Rd. Resulting in the Northbound lanes shifted to the Southbound side making for very narrow lanes.
  8. My dear friend Cindy Jacque's suggestion of Joe Meur Seafood for the venue for this dinner.
  9. The opportunity to spend time and share an incredible meal with dear friend Angela. It has been about 5 years (when I left Renaissance Unity) since we've seen each other in person.
  10. Our server, Brian, was perfectly attentive without hovering.
  11. Sharing a plate of ten of the largest shrimp I have ever seen with a wonderful cocktail sauce for an appetizer. 
  12. One of the best flavored, perfectly cooked Delmonico steaks I have ever enjoyed.
  13. Sharing a slice of cheesecake (which I haven't had in many months) was the perfect ending to an awesome evening.
  14. The picture-perfect picture backdrop of Christmas trees and the server who snapped our photograph.

No comments: