Thursday, December 12, 2019

Day 19 - I Give Thanks For ...

My current gratitude practice is to share at least 10 things for which I am grateful for each day without repetition.


Illustration
Today, I give thanks for:
  1. Waking up to discover that my Facebook post last night about finding a gas range for a woman and her two children has accomplished the mission. I love the ways Love works! And this is the perfect demonstration for Week 3 of Advent. Sometimes, love takes the form of a stove.
  2. Grateful for Mary & Robert donating the stove
  3. Grateful for Craig's offer to transport and install the stove.
  4. The Ninja coffee system sitting on the kitchen counter that quickly makes me two cups of delicious coffee.
  5. Getting my home printer configured for Wi-Fi printing. Yeah! I can print from any of my devices now.
  6. Discovering a new organization forking to bring folks together through music.  Koolulam has many cool YouTube posts including gathering 1,000 Muslims, Jews & Christians together and singing Bob Marley's song One Love, which is a favorite tune of mine. 
  7. The energy of the Full Moon at 12:12 this morning 12/12.
  8. The crew from Leone Outdoor Services picking up the huge pile of leaves this morning to take them back to the yard and add them to the mulch pile.
  9. The road crews out in the bitter cold this morning patching potholes.
  10. Erin, the optician at Costco who straightened out my glasses this morning. She was so cheerful.
  11. Amy who is at the door checking receipts at Costco. I've watched her for several years and she is always friendly with a huge smile.
  12. Norma the luminaria lady calling to see if we are participating again this year. She organizes the neighborhood behind Unity of Royal Oak for the annual Christmas Eve display of Luminaries. Of course!
  13. Amazing, it's only 12:23 - I suspect more reasons for being grateful are just around the corner...

No comments: