|My Escape is Full of Love|
- For several years, I've had the joy of playing Santa to three families who are provided food including a turkey or a ham, diapers if needed and gift cards for children's gifts and clothing through the generosity of the Ford Engineering Employees Christmas Fund (ECF).
- A dear friend, Saundra Lamb, a now-retired Ford Engineer who connected me to this program several years ago.
- The amazing Ford Employees who raise the money through bake sales, paying a fee to wear jeans sometimes and contributions. Then they shop and prepare the boxes for delivery.
- It was cool to pull my new Ford Escape into the garage to be loaded up.
- There is always meat and cheese for sandwiches, my choice was Roast beef and 3 different kinds of cheese w/o bread.
- Ford Sync 3, which led me to the delivery address in a different yet more direct way than I would have taken.
- A ring-necked Pheasant running down a neighborhood street in Detroit.
- A friend of one of the recipients who helped carry the boxes into the home.
- Meeting the two-year-old twins of one of the recipients.
- Learning that this lady had a promising interview during the week for a job with the Water Department in Detroit during my delivery visit and a phone call this evening telling me she had been offered a job beginning in January. Merry Christmas!
- A long conversation with Kathy, the sister of a woman who is making her transition.
- Discovering that Kathy had attended Grief & Loss with Rev. Sandy Hess.
- A gift and a nudge from my mentor.
In the Spirit of this Holy Season,