Sunday, December 01, 2019

Day 8 - I Give Thanks For

My current gratitude practice is to share at least 10 things for which I am grateful for each day without repetition.

Today, I Give Thanks For ...

  1. Waking up in time to finish the preparation for my talk even though I overslept 75 minutes.
  2. Christening Laura & Katie's infant daughter Isabella during our service today.
  3. Meeting her sweet Grandma & Grandpa who thanked me way too many times.
  4. The number of friends and family who came to our service for the first time to be part of the christening.
  5. The opportunity to share the Unity version of the first week of Advent with these mostly younger people.
  6. Andrew Mucha waiting to talk to me after service to explain the tears he had shed (when I saw him in the Sanctuary) were tears of Joy.
  7. The Sunday Morning crew of Harvey, Nick & Simon and the ways they have taken charge of Sanctuary preparation.
  8. The huge success of the first Youth & Family Ministry Artwork auction
  9. Purchasing several items from the auction including these rainbow decorated items. 
  10. The energy in the service, during the silent auction and fellowship afterward that seemed ignited by the focus on the baby.
  11. Discovering that Ashley had made my bed for me with clean sheets.

Enjoy the Journey!
Ric

No comments: